Our Granting Process
Here’s How Our Grantmaking Process Flows
Grantseeker activities in green.
- Your organization researches our foundation’s grantmaking and knows the following:
- There are no application deadlines. You will want to send your proposal 90 days before you want to receive a response.
- You are welcome to call us anytime during the research, application or consideration process!
- Your organization sends an online grant proposal to our foundation.
- Our grants manager: Acknowledges receipt of the proposal. Gathers more information if needed.
- One of our program officers contacts you to set up a discussion about your proposal. You’ll meet either in person or by phone.
- One of our program officers visits to discuss your grant proposal in more detail.
- The program officer may ask you to provide more/different information.
- Our program officer summarizes your grant request for discussion by our entire staff.
- Our program officer may request more information from you at this time. Don’t worry. It happens to most of our grantseekers!
- Our program officers make changes and summarize your grant request for discussion by our Grant Review Committee.
- Our grant review committee considers these summaries and makes recommendations to our board of directors.
- Our board of directors determines whether or not our foundation will make the proposed grant. This information comes to you by U.S. mail.
- There are several possible answers to Dekko Foundation grant requests:
- Approved as an outright grant.
- Approved as a pledge with contingencies.
- Approved in part.
- In the case of a declination, our letter will explain why the grant was not made.
- Organizations approved for funding will receive a grant agreement (which should be signed by your organization’s leader and returned to us). After we receive your grant agreement, we’ll notify you that we’ve placed your mid-term and final grant reports into your Dekko Foundation account.
- After your grant agreement is signed and returned, we do one of two things:
- We pay out the grants approved with no conditions or contingencies, or we set aside funds to pay our pledge when contingencies are complete.
- Grantees then carry out their project as proposed.
- Our grants manager reminds grantees of upcoming reports and their due dates.
- Grantees return mid-term and final grant reports that summarize the change that occurred as part of their grant.
- We review these reports and then communicate your results and lessons learned to co-workers and our board members.
- Whew! Remember you can always call us at the number below.
Let us know if you still have questions.