Dekko Foundation 101
Here are some ideas to guide you on a first grant request to the Dekko Foundation.
- Be aware that, unlike many foundations, we do not have grant application deadlines. Rather, we ask you to send your grant proposal at least 90 days before you would like to have an answer back from our board.
- Visit our web site and read through the ‘Our Grantmaking’ section. If you still have questions after you’ve read through our guidelines, call us and ask to speak to one of our program officers. (260-347-1278) It is our pleasure to discuss ideas or answer questions.
- Visit the Apply Now section of our website. There you will find our Grant Application Previews. These previews show you all of the questions you’ll be asked on our grant application…plus each question has a sample answer. (No more asking…”What do you suppose they want us to put here?”)
- Press the APPLY NOW button. Make yourself a user name and password. Fill out the grant application. Remember to save your work. Call us if you have questions as you go. (260-347-1278) Don’t worry if you can’t tell us everything on the grant application. Details come later.
- Try to make sure that you’ve included all of the information that we’ve requested. That way, we’ll be able to get to work on your grant request right away.
- We’ll talk with you soon about your grant proposal. One of our program officers will visit with you to understand more details about your organization and the project that you have proposed.
- See: Here’s How Our Grantmaking Process Flows to understand how a grant request flows through our organization.
- Check out our Glossary of Philanthropic Terms to better understand the words involved in the grantmaking field.
Remember, one size DOES NOT fit all! Please understand that the ideas here relate specifically to the Dekko Foundation. If you decide to apply to other foundations, you will want to acquaint yourself with their procedures.