We believe that healthy and vibrant communities contribute significantly to the positive development of children and young people. The best of those communities act as economic freedom role models for their citizens.
Community development research tells us that vibrant communities exhibit:
- Evidence of community pride.
- Willingness to invest in the future.
- Awareness of how their community compares to others.
- Deliberate transition of power to a younger generation of leaders.
- Strong belief in, and support for, education.
- Willingness to seek help from the outside.
- Conviction that, in the long run, they have to do things for themselves.