The Dekko Foundation has an opening on its staff for a program officer. The details of the position are explained below.
The Dekko Foundation seeks a full-time Program Officer. The Program Officer is responsible for reviewing grant proposals and managing relationships with grantees. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and a heart for working with nonprofit organizations. The Program Officer works with staff, grantseekers, committees, and grantees to ensure that the Dekko Foundation’s mission of fostering economic freedom through education is carried out through effective grantmaking.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years of experience working in the nonprofit sector or related field. Knowledge of professional philanthropy is a plus. See additional details listed below.
The Dekko Foundation values education, through both formal institutions and life experiences. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an appropriate level of education for this position through a certification, degree, or real work experience related to the work of a Program Officer.
EXPECTATIONS FOR EMPLOYEES
Supports the Foundation’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability, and ownership.
The Program Officer plays a key role at the Dekko Foundation. As a consistent representative of the Dekko Foundation, a Program Officer embodies the values and mission of the Foundation. This position requires out-of-state travel, and on occasion meetings outside of normal business hours. The Program Officer is responsible to the Vice President of Programs to carry out all of the responsibilities related to a responsive grant portfolio.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Complete a portfolio of grant proposals that requires making site visits, managing relationships with grantees, developing grant outcomes and milestones, and monitoring grant progress and impact.
- Review grant proposals. Draft and edit grant proposal summaries and recommendations for staff, committee, and board review.
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, multi-disciplinary teams addressing current and emerging Foundation priorities.
- Provide high-quality customer service to colleagues, grantseekers, and grantees by responding promptly and respectfully to a variety of inquiries.
- Contribute to the ongoing process of developing systems to measure, learn from, and improve impact.
- Be an active and supportive member of the program team.
- Create, implement, and/or lead special projects as assigned.
- Maintain collegial working relationships with colleagues and constituents.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned.
The Program Officer is best described as a servant leader. They are professional, personable, upbeat, approachable, flexible, respectful, motivated, and passionate about the mission of the Foundation.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to make sound decisions that align with organizational priorities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems individually and as a team.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Proven creativity.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Appreciation for self-directed learning.
CONTACT AND QUESTIONS
Contact Jenna Ott, Vice President of Programs, at 260-347-1278 or email@example.com with any questions related to the Program Officer position.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, professional resume, and two references to Jenna Ott at the email address above on or before Monday, December 9, 2019.